Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011: It's time to make time.

My god I started this blog over ten months ago and I have only three posts to show for it. Well, actually, there were FOUR whole posts, but I deleted the fourth because it was quite pitiful and read very much like “Dear Diary, Life is hard.” No one needs to see that.


For those who are close to me they already know that I was once on track to go to medical school - and I earned the chemistry degree to prove it - but after some intense soul searching I abandoned the path of what I “should” do and embraced my own dreams and needs for fulfillment. I reverted back to my childhood dream (or nightmare?) to be a writer.


I started this blog with the intent to get myself writing regularly “just for me.” I do lots of creative writing from screenplays, to short fiction, and blah blah stories blah. But here I am, ten months later, and only three damn posts.


Bring on 2011.


It’s a new year, right? Every 365 days we all get this unofficial chance to start fresh. The slate is clean. Let old acquaintance be...forgot? Sure, whatever that means. But let’s face it. Most people typically have the best intentions with new year resolutions, but how many of us can honestly say that on December 31st, we reflect back with true pride and a sense of accomplishment? I would imagine very few... But here we all go, a New Year, and we still insist on banging our heads against the wall of half-realized resolutions and wading in the inevitable guilt for our lack of achievement.


Myself included.


My resolution for 2011 is about time. We all get the same 24-hour days, 7 days a week, yet some of us seem to make much more of that time than others. I want to be one of those people this year. I am tired of getting so caught up in what I should be writing I forget little things like...sunshine and personal hygiene. The last time I read a novel (that was not penned by J.K Rowling) was The Sound and the Fury...two years ago. That’s pathetic. I am not up-to-date with Glee OR Grey’s Anatomy. I want to be able to more than pick at the guitar and peck at the piano. When do I decide to find the time for all of life’s little bonuses I could be doing for myself?


Bottom line, I am making time for time, and you should too.


...and to bring it back to Flapjacks and French Ladies... I am making time for more posts SO BE READY... or at least ONE more post on January 1st, 2012 that severely makes fun of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment